Aberdeen Market is a leading seafood supplier in Ontario Canada. We are seeking an experienced Internal Auditor to join us. Under general supervision, the Internal Auditor performs compliance, financial, and operational audits of various Company processes. This includes documenting key controls related to independent testing, identifying process improvements, performing risk and control assessments, and documenting issues.
· Plan and organize internal audit assignments to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and systems of risk management, and efficiency of operations in the assigned business units, functions, or activities
· Assist business unit management in assessment of internal controls, procedures, systems, etc.
· Perform risk analysis, identify internal controls, and design and execute audit tests of controls and transactions in accordance with professional standards to determine if assets are safeguarded, policies, procedures, laws and regulations are complied with, goals and objectives are achieved, management information is reliable, and operations are efficient.
· Prepare complete audit work papers to support audit work performed and conclusions drawn for each area reviewed
· Prepare audit reports for management s review of exceptions and control deficiencies
· Perform follow-up as necessary where significant exceptions were noted to confirm resolution of the audit findings
· Recommend, develop and implement audit policies and procedures
· Develop and maintain strong relationships with external auditors and other external key stakeholders.
· Completion of college/CEGEP in finance or accounting
· Minimum five years of Internal Audit experience, preferably in the financial sector
· Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently.
Salary: $35-$40/hour, 35 hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location: 44 Milner Ave. Scarborough ON M1S 3P8
How to apply: If you feel that your qualifications are suitable for this position, please submit your application to email@example.com.