Aberdeen Market is a leading seafood supplier in Ontario Canada. We are seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager to lead our company’s procurement activities. The Purchasing Manager’s responsibilities include developing purchasing strategies, negotiating pricing, maintaining positive supplier relationships, coordinating with management and internal teams regarding supply needs, and overseeing all purchasing activities to ensure appropriate stock levels.
· Developing and implementing purchasing strategies.
· Manage daily operations of the Purchasing and Warehouse departments
· Managing daily purchasing activities, supervising staff, and allocating tasks.
· Managing supplier relations and negotiating contracts, prices, timelines, etc.
· Maintaining the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
· Coordinating with inventory control to determine and manage inventory needs.
· Ensuring that all procured items meet the required quality standards and specifications.
· Preparing cost estimates and managing budgets.
· Develop standard cost for component items, maintain Bill of Materials, and analyze cost variances.
· Training new employees in the purchasing process and how to use the purchasing system.
· Manage, coach, and develop department staff to assure clear understanding of company policies, procedures, processes, and individual accountabilities.
· Develop, implement, maintain, and analyze department operating procedures and performance metrics.
· Develop, track, and report key functional metrics to improve Purchasing & Warehouse Department performance.
· Propose improvements to the current purchasing system that improves department performance and employee satisfaction.
· Completion of college/CEGEP
· Minimum five years experience as a Purchasing Manager or in a similar position.
· Deep knowledge of inventory and supply chain management.
· Supervisory and management experience.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office and purchasing software.
· Strong critical thinking and negotiation skills.
· Strong planning and organizational skills.
· Ability to work independently.
Salary: $43.50/hour, 35 hours per week
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Job Location: 44 Milner Ave. Scarborough ON M1S 3P8
How to apply: If you feel that your qualifications are suitable for this position, please submit your application to email@example.com.