Desh Punjab Sweets & Restaurant Ltd.
Employer: Desh Punjab Sweets & Restaurant Ltd.
Job Position: Cook
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 1
Job Location(s): Unit 103, 12047 80 Avenue Surrey, BC V3W 1H8
Hours: 40 hours per week
Experience: Completion of a three-year apprenticeship program for cooks or Completion of college or other program in cooking or three years of commercial cooking experience are required.
Language: Basic knowledge of English is required.
Job Duties and Requirements:
• Have a full operational knowledge of all food recipes, standards, and portion sizes
• Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning and cooking
• Always inspect the quality and freshness of the ingredients prior to preparations
• Ensure that food preparation and serving areas are clean; sanitary for food-handling; and safe.
• Wash, peel, and cut vegetables to prepare them for consumption
• Be proficient in the use of all kitchen equipment including fryers, ovens, grills etc.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Date, rotate and check inventory in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
Other Hiring Criteria:
• Team oriented with the ability to act in the best interest of the restaurant.
• Ability to adapt and consistently produce established menu flavors.
Please submit all resumes via:
Email at: email@example.com
by mail at: Unit 103, 12047 80 Avenue Surrey BC V3W 1H8
Note – Willing to work in shifts, weekends & holidays
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. Preference for Canadian citizen and Permanent Resident.
Part-time applicants are also welcome.