Company operating name: Anmol Finishing Carpentry Ltd.
Business address: 12865 99 Avenue, Surrey, BC, V3T 1E6
Rate of pay: $20.00/hour
Overtime: 1.5 times normal rate as per provincial regulations.
Benefits Package: 4% vacation pay will be paid each payday on a bi-weekly basis;
Medical: BC Medical Services Plan payable by employee
Job Type: Full time / Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Completion of Secondary School is an asset but not mandatory.
Experience: Previous helper experience is an asset but not mandatory. On the job training will be provided.
Number of positions available: 3
NOC Group: Construction trades helpers and labourers (NOC: 7611)
Job Title: Carpenter Helper
Job Location: Varies from contract to contract.
· Load and unload materials, and move materials to work areas
· Clean work areas, machines, and equipment, to maintain a clean and safe jobsite.
· Cover surfaces with laminated plastic covering material if required.
· Help cut timbers, lumber and/or paneling to specified dimensions, and drill holes in timbers or lumber.
· Hold plumb bobs, sighting rods, and other equipment, to aid in establishing reference points and lines.
· Position and hold timbers, lumber, and paneling in place for fastening or cutting.
· Select tools, equipment, and materials from storage and transport items to work site.
· Align, straighten, plumb and square forms for installation.
· Fasten timbers and/or lumber with glue, screws, pegs, or nails, and install hardware.
· Glue and clamp edges or joints of assembled parts.
· Construct forms, then assist in raising them to the required elevation.
· Install handrails under the direction of a carpenter.
· Smooth and sand surfaces to remove ridges, tool marks, glue, or caulking.
· Perform other activities at construction site and assists carpenter as directed.
Note: Part-Time Candidates are welcome to apply for flexible hours.
Please send your resumes to email@example.com.
********************* ATTENTION **************************
Please read carefully, send your cover letter and resume. In order not to
waste time, we will be only contacting candidates who’s cover letter and
resumes get shortlisted. We will not accept any drop-ins or phone calls,
only resumes submitted via email will be accepted.
All others will not be processed.