Job Position: Cook
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Start Date: As soon as possible
Minimum Education: Secondary School
Positions Available: 1
Job Location(s): #4, 8430 128 Street Surrey, BC V3W 4G3
Hours: 40 hours per week
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years.
Language: Basic knowledge of English is required.
Job Duties and Requirements:
• Have a full operational knowledge of all recipes, standards, and portion sizes
• Follow recipes and/or product directions for preparing, seasoning, and cooking
• Always inspect the quality and freshness of the ingredients prior to preparations
• Ensure that food preparation and serving areas are clean, sanitary for food-handling; and safe.
• Wash, peel, and cut vegetables to prepare them for consumption
• Be proficient in the use of all kitchen equipment including fryers, ovens, grills etc.
• Observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling, or piercing them with utensils
• Oversee kitchen operations and staff by scheduling and supervising kitchen helpers
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
• Date, rotate and check inventory in order to minimize waste and maximize quality
• Clean and sanitize work areas and equipment following proper procedures
Other Hiring Criteria:
• Team oriented with the ability to act in the best interest of the restaurant.
• Ability to adapt and consistently produce established menu flavors.
How to apply:
By Mail: #4, 8430 128 St Surrey, BC V3W 4G3
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application. Preference for Canadian citizen and Permanent Resident.