- Full Time
GO FOR TEA a well-established Tea restaurant located at #13 – 179 Enterprise Blvd, Markham Ontario urgently requires a full-time Pastry Cook. This position is required to produce dim sum, pastries, desserts and confections for our guests.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
· Preparation of all line items to guest orders of consistent quality following designated recipes.
· Plan menus, follow daily production sheets prepared by management. Assists with counting inventory and filling out production sheets based on established par levels.
· Control food costs by maintaining accurate records of all food ingredients
· Ensure that all menu items have their recipes recorded, costs tallied and updated on an ongoing basis
· Ensure that food waste is kept to a minimum
· Follow all operating procedures and identify and correct any organizational problems that impact the effectiveness of the operation
· Ensure that all health, safety and cleanliness standards are adhered to and correct any deficiencies
· Handle all special requests and guest allergies to ensure guest health and satisfaction
· Train junior cooks in preparation, cooking and handling of food
· Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
· Monitor the efficiency and cleanliness of the kitchen
· Recruit and hire kitchen staff and helpers
· Organize and manage buffets and banquets of the restaurant
· Manage day-to-day kitchen operations
· Other duties or responsibilities as assigned or required
· $17 per hour, 35 hours per week
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Minimum of three years of experience in the field as a Pastry Cook
· Proven ability to work well with a team, and as an individual
· A genuine passion for culinary arts and the industry
· Speak Mandarin
If you are interested in this position, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank all applicants for their interest in GO FOR TEA; however, only suitable candidates will be contacted to continue the application process.