Welcome to Hello 123! We are a plant-based restaurant and bar serving happy food and happy times with locations in downtown Toronto and Vaughan! We are siblings with Kupfert & Kim and we get along quite well!
Our lunch/brunch and dinner menus offer remarkable options from apps and shares to bowls and salads to draft beers and wines. We provide customers with the best experience whether it be dine-in or take-out!
At this time, we are looking to hire a professional Cook experienced in preparing plant-based menu items for a full-time, permanent position. This is a very rewarding position and you would be part of a team of energetic people!
As Cook, your duties and responsibilities are:
· Prepare and cook menu items as per restaurant’s recipes for both dine-in and take-out orders
· Supervise kitchen helpers, including scheduling and shift activities
· Oversee kitchen operations and ensure that we are ready for service
· Maintain, organize and order ingredients, inventory or other supplies needed for preparation of food items – may conduct weekly inventory
· May plan menus, determine size of food portions and estimate food requirements, especially those going out for delivery
· Communicate with kitchen helpers any issues with food quality and in-proper use of ingredients and platter making
· Follow all government and restaurant procedures for Food Safety and Health and Safety
We are looking for the following qualifications:
· High-school diploma – Completion of college, preferably in culinary management would be a great asset!
· At least 1 year of experience as Cook preparing plant-based menu items – professional portfolio and quick demo may be requested
· Ability to communicate in English and oversee kitchen operations
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
What we offer:
· $16.50 for at least 30 hours of work per week, overtime rate of $24.75 applies after 44 hours of work per week
· Medical, Dental Benefits after 1 year of full-time employment
· Overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week
· Permanent, full-time position
· Location of work: 1122 Queen Street West, Toronto, ON, M6J1H9
How to apply:
· Please reply to this posting with your resume and references.