MapleLife Nutrition Corporation (known as MapleLife Canada), is a distributor of a full line of natural health supplements under the MapleLife and Dr. Nutrition brands. Fully made in Canada with a strong emphasis on quality and innovation, MapleLife’s entire product line now includes more than 80 products, with more in development for new product launches in the near future. Both single ingredient and complex
formulations are represented within the current product lineup, in a variety of dosage forms including softgels, tablets, liquids, capsules, and effervescent drink tablets. Best sellers include multivitamins, omega 3 fish oils, and specialty therapeutic products. MapleLife is currently sold in more than 10 countries, including Canada, the US, Hong Kong, and Korea.
MapleLife Nutrition Corporation is looking for a full-time, permanent Supply Chain Manager. The Supply Chain Manager will lead implementation of best practices and searches for alternate sources of material and services to obtain best value. The ideal candidate will lead sourcing activities for highly complex technical programs, including scouting potential sources, performing supplier assessment and selection, completing non-disclosure agreements, running the bid analysis process leading to award, negotiating terms & conditions, and issuing purchase orders. The qualified candidate will lead the effort to build vendor/supplier relationships and manage supplier performance.
SALARY: $40-$46 per hour, 35 hours per week
BUSINESS ADDRESS/WORK LOCATION: MapleLife Nutrition Corporation
3681 McNicoll Ave.
Toronto, ON M1X 1G5
• Fast-growing company with infinite potential
• Varied work scope allows for learning about different aspects of the business and facilitates career advancement
• Flexible, friendly, and open work culture
• Competitive remuneration and benefits package
· Directly responsible for the functions of procurement management including all plans, strategic purchasing / inventory activities; from executing purchase orders through to resourcing of purchasing requirements necessary for the operation of the company. Build effective Leadership to Warehouse Supervisor, Buyers and Production Planners with regards to performance management, skills development, attendance, communication and recognition.
· Develop negotiation strategies and lead formal negotiations (Price, Delivery, Terms & Conditions).
· Issuing purchase orders, with emphasis in cost-reimbursable contracts (i.e. Time and Material, Cost Plus).
· Where applicable, establish strategic agreements with key suppliers.
· Place purchase orders in accordance with all regulatory and corporate compliance requirements.
· Maintain strong and professional business relationships with vendors and suppliers.
· Manage vendor relationships and performance to meet the company’s requirements.
· Develop plans to promote cost reduction initiatives and performance improvements.
· Collaborate with key stakeholders in understanding monthly forecasting, sales trends, and marketing initiatives to support the coordination of Supply Chain Activities and validate forecasted demands.
· Collaborate with multiple-functional managers to plan and execute the production and movement of products to many countries.
· Conducts and/or manages strategic supply chain analysis to identify and recommend opportunities for improving efficiency, effectiveness and capabilities of the supply chain.
· Other duties as assigned by management.
· Bachelor’s Degree is required
· 5+ years of relevant supply chain experience in related industry
· 5+ years’ experience in team management.
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to multi-task and work with a strong sense of urgency to complete deadlines
· Strong prioritization and organizational skills
· Experience working in a team environment
Please send your cover letter and resume to:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred)
Mail: MapleLife Nutrition Corporation
3681 McNicoll Ave.
Toronto, ON M1X 1G5
We thank all interested candidates for their submissions. Due to the number of applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.