We started as a small trucking operation and grew to meet customer demands.
Like many trucking operations, our founder Rob Dhanoa, started out behind the wheel. With a strong desire to succeed and an even stronger entrepreneurial spirit, he soon went from behind the wheel to heading up the operations and sales of the company. Slow and steady growth, coupled with high service levels and top-notch transportation equipment has been a winning formula for RoadStar.
We make your life on the road as comfortable as possible with late model, premium power units and well-maintained trailers. In-cab communications are state-of-the-art, and you will find our industry leading low turnover of driving personnel is due to these reasons and more at RoadStar Trucking you are treated like the critical part of our team.
At RoadStar Trucking, we meet commitments, are responsive and offer customized service options the larger carriers are unable to accommodate.
Looking for new career opportunities in trucking and logistics? RoadStar Trucking is pleased to offer vacancies for professionals in our transportation, administrative and corporate services, warehouse and maintenance departments. Please, check our openings and feel free to apply.
We are currently looking for 10 Truck Drivers to join our team! The ideal candidates will have Valid Class 1/3 or A/D license and airbrakes/Z endorsement – We will provide on-the-job training! You would be required to work with different team members in ensuring delivery schedules are met accordingly.
- Operating and driving trucks across approved Canadian routes;
- Securing load and products in the trailer to ensure safe transportation;
- Preparing the list of loaded products for pickup by conducting an itemized condition report and padding the load;
- Performing pre-trip, en-route and post-trip van and trailer inspections to ensure working condition of the vehicle, onboard systems and equipment, and preparing correspondent reports for post-trips;
- Maintaining daily and weekly logbook (cargo and load information, fuel usage, service hours, etc.) for one’s self and co-driver, if applicable;
- Preparing relevant documentation, such as trip reports, bills of lading, etc. and report it to the manager for confirmation and quality assurance;
- Communicating with dispatch and warehouse teams on a daily basis to ensure smooth storage and transportation of goods;
- Communicating with customers and other receiving parties during loading and offloading to ensure timely delivery of goods;
- Complying with rules and regulation of Ministry of Transportation by adhering to safety requirements and strictly following all road rules;
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Valid Class 1/3 or A/D license and airbrakes/Z endorsement or equivalent;
- Knowledge and understanding of transportation and logistics operations;
- Knowledge of GPS and other navigation tools;
- Weight handling up to 100 lbs;
- Good knowledge of English and good customer service skills;
- Previous experience is an asset but not required – on-the-job training would be provided;
- No formal education is required;
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
- This is a full-time, temporary position with at least 40 hours of work per week;
- Hourly rate of $24.10, overtime rate 1.5 your hourly rate applies after 44 hours of work per week;
- Dental and Extended Medical Benefits offered!;
- Work Location: 8201 Lawson Rd., Milton, Ontario L9T 5E5
- You will be expected to travel continuously; all work-related expenses will be paid by the company;
- Willing to assist new drivers with licensing requirements and on-job ongoing training;
- Employment conditions: Early morning, day, evening, night, weekend;
HOW TO APPLY:
At RoadStar, we are an equal opportunity employer and treat our drivers like you matter… because you do now more than ever. With a shortage of new drivers entering the industry and a high percentage of senior drivers about to retire, you are now more than ever, a valuable resource.
If you are interested in working with a family orientated and respectful carrier look no further. Apply in confidence today or drop by our modern facility in Milton, just off the highway.