Student & Campus Services Coordinator – Northlands College – Buffalo Narrows, SK
- Full Time
Buffalo Narrows, SK
Term Full-Time: November 18, 2019 – December 18, 2020
We are currently recruiting for a Student and Campus Services Coordinator is an in-scope position reporting to the Vice President, Student Affairs or designate. The primary function of this position is oversee the daily operation of the non-academic portion of the student environment to help create a positive and successful learning environment for students.
The Student and Campus Services Coordinator has a diverse range of duties and responsibilities including, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide leadership to the Student Affairs team in their campus area;
- help to oversee the recruitment of applicants
- aid in development and implementation of admission processes;
- identify the needs of students and develop strategies to address those needs;
- collaborate with other College staff and partners to assist with the success of students;
- oversee student financial supports;
- liaise with external agencies and the communities at large;
- prepare proposals and reports as required;
- manage recruitment, hiring, professional development, supervision and evaluation of staff within area of responsibility;
- provide leadership and direction to staff and ensure that a working environment is maintained that is conducive to teamwork and the effective, efficient delivery of College programs and services;
- responsible for the management and maintenance of student housing including the operation of student residence facilities;
- execute processes for quality assurance and take corrective action in consultation with the Vice President or designate;
- manage the student/applicant experience and respond to any complaints or feedback;
- plan and oversee student engagement; and
- develop and administer budgets for area of responsibility.
The minimal qualifications for this position are a Bachelor’s Degree in humanities or equivalent; two (2) or more years of related experience;
a combination of education and experience will be considered; must be prepared to schedule hours of work according to the demands of the position including evenings and weekends when necessary (i.e. field hours); must possess a valid driver’s license and be willing to travel to remote communities, including overnight stays, air travel, and travel on gravel roads in all weather conditions; experience with operations management within a post-secondary educational institution is required; demonstrated organizational and time management skills; excellent communication skills, intermediary skills, supervisory and leadership skills, organizational skills and interpersonal skills are required; the working environment will involve uncertainty, deadlines, the need for conflict resolution and negotiation; ability to maintain confidentiality at all times; critical thinking and decision making; demonstrated ability to work a variety of community partners and stakeholders; and knowledge of good managerial practices, office procedures and business communication.
Northlands College has an excellent benefits package which includes a dental, health and vision care plan; pension plan, life and dependent life insurance, long-term disability, sick leave, vacation leave, professional development opportunities and an employee assistance program. Northlands College has an approved Employment Equity Plan, applicants of Aboriginal ancestry, as well as individuals in other equity groups, are encouraged to apply
For more information regarding this opportunity please contact Cheryl Brown at 306-425-4499. To apply for this opportunity please send your cover letter, resume, and proof of education to:
Northlands College Human Resources Department
Air Ronge, SK S0J 3G0
The application deadline for this opportunity is October 17, 2019. We thank all candidates who apply; however, only those short-listed for an interview will be contacted.