Sukhi Laser Hair Removal & Glamour World
Job Type: Full-Time/Part-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 2
NOC Group: Hairstylists and Barbers (6341)
NOC Job Title: Hairdresser
Unit 117 – 8166 128 Street
Surrey, British Columbia
V3W 1R1 Canada
Part-time/Full-time (Both types of applicants can apply)
20-40 hours per week, depends on the employee’s weekly availability.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate. Related education is an asset.
Experience: 1 year to less than 2 years
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, Repetitive tasks, Attention to detail, Standing for extended periods
Personal Suitability: Reliability, Flexibility, Team player, Client focus
Additional Skills: Shampoo customers’ hair, Maintain and order supplies
Barber Specific Skills:
Cut and trim hair according to client’s instructions or preferences.
Provide other hair treatment, such as waving, straightening and tinting and also provide scalp conditioning massages.
Hair Colouring Techniques: Bleach, Dyes/tints, Frosting, Streaking/highlights
Hair Styling Techniques: Blow drying, Hair braiding, Iron waving/curling, Extensions, Twisting, Relaxing
Hairstylist Specific Skills:
- Apply bleach, tints, dyes or rinses to colour, frost or streak hair.
- Clean and style wigs and hair pieces.
- Analyze hair and scalp condition and provide basic treatment or advice on beauty care treatments for scalp and hair.
- Suggest hair style compatible with client’s physical features or determine style from client’s instructions and preferences.
- Cut, trim, taper, curl, wave, perm and style hair.
- Apply hair extensions.
Candidates can email their resumes. Newcomer and Indigenous people are welcome to apply for this position.